Saturday, March 27, 2010

Desert Spring




It's been warm in Arizona for a while, and we've had a relatively wet winter. Warmth and wet add together for beautiful wildflowers on the mountains. I took these pictures while doing my favorite hike on Tempe Butte, otherwise known as "A" Mountain. They were taken with my cell phone camera, so only about 3 came out post-worthy. Most of the pictures were not nearly as crisp or well focused as they would have been with my Canon. It was so bright, I could hardly see what I was shooting on the display and the cell phone camera has no focus, so backgrounds were in focus, but flowers were blurry. I'll have to get up there with my real camera, but won't be free again until next Wednesday! But for now, here's some of the desert beauty.



This one is not crisp and very pixillated, but I love the composition and will try to reshoot this one with the good camera next week. (if the flowers are still there)



1 comment:

  1. Your sequence of beautiful desert mountain flowers and flowering cacti are simply beautiful. I love your foursome arrangement of pinks, blues and yellows set against rocky landscape and sky. They all share a crisp and lofty air of stony splendor. I especially like the distance you set for this wonderful photographic selection because the flora are viewed radiantly within groupings that share perspective of their immediate background. Place this harmonious set within any photographic show and claim your deserving prize!

    ReplyDelete